Monday, September 26, 2005

What a Weekend...

So, for those of you who are familiar with the concept, I feel kinda like a teenage kid just back from church camp. I spent last Wednesday through Saturday at a conference for LGBT workplace diversity. 1000+ queers from Fortune 500 companies all over the country gathered together in lovely Denver, Colorado to learn about HR policies, employee network groups, and legal mumbo-jumbo. And it was great. I particularly enjoyed plenary discussion led by the adorable B.D. Wong and the gala awards banquet MC'd by the fabulously hilarious Kate Clinton.

Denver looked great from my 19th floor hotel window, and the weather allowed us to walk just about everywhere. I hit the majority of the local gay bar scene with a few select friends, and even stopped by Coyote Ugly, so our token lesbian could dance on the bar with a hot black chick in torn-up jeans.

Saturday afternoon, I flew back into Memphis just in time to take a shower and get snazzy for my first gay wedding ceremony (click here for my brief recap). It was as beautiful as anything. And yeah, there were tears...

Anyway, after four days in a big, gay, fabulous bubble, I'm back at work this morning. And its not quite as free and exciting, but it is life. I'm glad to be home with my boy, my dog, and my friends. But the Out & Equal Conference was truly memorable, and a great place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home