Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"You Sho' is Ugly"




There comes a time in a gay man's life where he feels the need to be someone's mamma. I think I was about 9 the first time I felt that need, and every baby I've seen since, I've looked at longingly. Now, granted, the first sign of excrement or whining usually slaps me back into reality and I lovingly hand the child back to its owner. But just the same, the desire to care for another is innate within me.

Roomie is smart. He knows that to satisfy my maternal instinct his options are to get pregnant (a la Junior), fly to a Chinese orphanage, or get me a dog.

He's also smart enough to know that I can be fickle. So when I've told him I'd like a dog in the past, he's shot it down. Little did I know, after having to shoot it down a couple of times, he figured I was actually serious.

More than either of the other reasons to champion his intelligence, he knows that with the proper preperation, I can be manipulated. So as he's telling me "no", he's secretly researching breeds down in his lair, finding exactly what kind of dog he wants. He's making sure that the maintanance requirements, personalities, and other details of the breed blend well with our lifestyle. And he came up with a pug. Now historically, I've thought of pugs as the ugliest dog on the face of the planet. But Roomie pitched it right. And got me psyched. Now I want a damn pug. Desperately.

So, we've put in an application with a local pug adoption agency (yeah, they exist), and we are about 25% of the way through the process of bringing the sweet little two year-old girl pictured above home with us. Yeah, she's got a face that only a mother could love, but I've got alot of love to give to that little bitch.

(BTW, thanks Hotass for giving us a good referral!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Those dogs sho are ugly. Lol. I bet she bites my ankle the first time she sees me after that comment. Lol Lol.
So what is going to be her name? Which room will be hers? Can she come over and play with Dallas?

6/28/2005 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home