Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Would Have Been Crying...



Ok, so I know its a little outside the stereotypical Queer norm, but I frickin' love Pink Floyd. That old lookin' guy on the left, David Gilmour, is my guitar god. He's the reason I play guitar. I worship that dude. And the Richard Gere lookin' joker beside him, Roger Waters, is a lyric-writing maniac. Scarily so. Nick Mason is the guy next to him that looks like he smells something rancid. He has helped define what it means to be percussive in the rock world. And Richard Wright is the lead synth keyboard man of funk... You've just got to love these guys.

But what's really surreal and monumentous about the picture above, is the fact that all four of those guys are on stage together. After Roger Waters left the band in the 1080's, there has been VERY little communication (and certainly nothing positive) between him and the band. It is only under unlikely circumstances that they were captured on film this last Saturday night.

When they announced that the reunited group would be playing this past weekend's Live8 show in London, I decided not to believe it till I saw it, as rumours like that had spread in the past. But they did it. The boys rocked, too. If I had been there, I would have wept. It wasn't their best performance, by any means. It didn't have the flash and pizazz of an old school Floyd show, but who the hell cared. Roger, Dave, Nick, and Rick were on stage...together...in 2005... unfuckingbelievable... I'm all verclempt....

1 Comments:

Blogger Char said...

Main Entry: verklempt
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: overcome with emotion; clenched; also written ferklempt
Etymology: Yiddish


No.. I didnt know what it meant. Lol.

Pink Floyd ROCKS....
We (Me and the Laremeister) love Floyd. You should hear him play it. He's quite the guitarist!!!!

7/05/2005 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home